Women in Technology Scholarship
The world economy, industry and sciences are becoming increasingly digitized, and these developments are disrupting society and familiar social processes. Women, however, are still largely underrepresented in technology and other STEM fields. To create a world in which men and women have equal opportunities, women need to have an active role in technology and technological developments. Zonta International is pleased to offer its new Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship to encourage women to pursue education, career opportunities and leadership roles in technology
Local Zonta Club Offenburg-Ortenau scholarship
The Zonta Club Offenburg-Ortenau is committed to a targeted promotion of highly qualified women in technical masters programs with a relatively low female quota and presents two science scholarships of the Zonta Förderverein Offenburg-Ortenau e.V.
Annually two scholarships are given to female technical master students of the University of Applied Sciences Offenburg - each to the value of 1500 Euros.
The scholarship is paid per semester in three money payments granted to 500 Euros each..
Admitted course of studies:- Communication and Media Engineering CME
- Elektrotechnik / Informationstechnik EIM
- Informatik INFM
- Power and Data Engineering PDE
- Maschinenbau / Mechanical Engineering MME
- Energy Conversion and Management ECM,
- Process Engineering MPE
Zonta International Program, Funded through the Zonta International Foundation
In addition, Zonta International also grants scholarships worth up to $ 8,000 to encourage women to further educate themselves, take advantage of career opportunities, and take leadership positions in technology
Zonta International offers up to 32 scholarships of US$2,000 each at the district/region level and six international scholarships in the amount of US$8,000 each.
How Do I Apply?
Complete an official application in English.
Please note that only typed applications will be accepted and considered.
All non-English documents have to be be translated into English.
The following documents have to be submitted in the application package:
1. Verification of current enrollment by school/institute official (if applicable)
2. Two confidential recommendations from a faculty member in the major field of study, academic advisor, organization supervisors or volunteer supervisors.
3. Employer confirmation and recommendation or client testimonial supported by evidence (if applicable).
4. An essay of 500 words or less that clearly describes your academic and/or professional goals, the relevance of the program and how the Women in Technology Scholarship will assist you in reaching your goals. (Essays exceeding 500 words will not be considered.)
5. If applicable, list and include official detailed transcripts of grades or equivalent records for all universities, colleges or institutes attended with an explanation of the grading system for each transcript submitted.
6 .All non-English documents must be translated into English
7. All application materials must be presented to the Zonta Club Offenburg-Ortenau by the deadline printed on the application.
8. Articles, pamphlets, books, curriculum vitae or other publications are not requested and will not be considered.
9. Applications that are incomplete or late due to postal delays, transmittal by third parties, or other circumstances will not be considered. Applications are accepted by email or regular mail;
however, email submissions are preferred.
Applications submitted by email
Must be signed and sent as a PDF.
Deadline for applications received by Zonta Club Offenburg Ortenau
………..November 10th, 2019
Announcement of Zonta Club Offenburg-Ortenau scholarship recipients
……………November 23th, 2019
Announcement of Zonta International scholarship recipients
…………………………. mid-November 2020
The Zonta Club Offenburg-Ortenau selects the recipients of the local Club scholarships.
For the international scholarship the applications are selected by the Zonta Club Offenburg-Ortenau and are sent to the respective Zonta governor/regional representative.
A district/region evaluating committee selects one applicant per district/region to submit to Zonta International Headquarters.
The Zonta International Women in Technology Scholarship Committee selects six international recipients from the district/region applicants.